Transmission & Gearbox Service
Auto Transmission & Gearbox Service & Repairs Bundaberg QLD
Is your vehicle auto transmission or gearbox giving you trouble call Power Torque Truck & Machinery your local mechanics for car 4x4 truck vehicles and machinery to investigate your transmission issues in Bundaberg.
Today's auto transmission is much more complicated than it was in the past. There are hundreds of individual components inside transmissions. In order to properly repair your vehicle's transmission, these components must be dismantled, cleaned and inspected for wear to provide you with an accurate assessment of your transmission's tolerance levels. All worn and/or damaged parts are either repaired or replaced. After the parts are thoroughly inspected and repaired, they are reassembled, adjusted and tested for proper operation.
Some transmission repairs require only an adjustment that can be made without removing the entire transmission. Newer model cars that are computer controlled can sometimes have faulty sensors or bad connections. Once the source of the problem part is identified it can be replaced or repaired.
Older vehicles that are experiencing transmission problems may require adjustments to parts such as bands or throttle cables.
Repairs can also include a Reseal. If your vehicle is leaving spots on your driveway you may be leaking transmission fluid in which case a reseal job is needed. A technician will perform a lift inspection to determine where the leak is occurring and then perform the reseal job.
Transmission Repairs Maintenance
Everyone knows the importance of regular vehicle maintenance such as oil changes and rotating tyres, but what about transmission maintenance and why is the transmission so important? The transmission is a major part of your vehicle. It is made up of hundreds of complex components that enable your vehicle to move. The transmission fluid also serves a multitude of purposes. It cools, lubricates, transmits force, transmits pressure, inhibits varnish build-up and protects the transmission. Regular maintenance helps keep the transmission fluid clean and the transmission running smoothly.
Harsh driving conditions can devastate the life of the transmission fluid, which can then lead to transmission failure. Old and dirty transmission fluid can lead to the need for an entirely new transmission. Regular transmission maintenance services can help to prevent transmission failures and keep your transmission in Road Ready condition.
Our transmission maintenance services include replacement of transmission fluid, replacement of transmission filter (where applicable), replace pan gasket and perform lift inspection.
To help familiarize you with the types of difficulties that may arise with the transmission, we have listed a few of the common malfunctions that can occur.
- Loss of power upon acceleration
- Transmission is unable to go into gear
- Hard or late shifting of gears
- Transmission slipping
- Chatter or grinding noise in the transmission
- Transmission leaking
- Car is unable to move
Do's & Don'ts of Transmission Maintenance
Below are a few standard tips to help you avoid future transmission damage:
- Do scheduled maintenance according to vehicle owner's manual.
- Do have transmission fluid checked when having oil changed.
- Do not drive a vehicle with low or no transmission fluid.
- Do not change gear ranges from drive to reverse when your vehicle is moving.
- Do not spin tyres on turns with front wheel drive vehicles.
- Do not drive your vehicle when there are transmission problems, this may cause further damage.
- Do not drag race your vehicle as it puts unnecessary strain on your transmission.
- Do not drive in 4x4 range on dry pavement unless vehicle is all wheel or automatic 4wd.
- Do make sure you come to a complete stop before moving gear into another range.
- Do not drive on spare tyres or mismatched tyre sizes with front wheel or all wheel drive vehicles for extended periods of time.